No question here - neither of these players will start unless the Dutch coach feels that Elia has done enough to replace Robben. Eljero Elia has caused a stir in Dutch camp and his previously very active twitter account had to be taken down post-ProEvoGate last week. The friendly game between Babel and Elia turned nasty after Eljero made slurs against Moroccans on his webcam, supposedly in jest, but hey, if you're on a webcam broadcasting to the world don't make politically sensitive jokes to your mates. I don't expect Beckmann to play any part in this match and I expect Elia to come on late in the day.
Idrissou has made some starts in qualifying, but hasn't been starting in friendlies and I don't expect we'll see him. Makoto Hasebe has been causing a stir in the Japanese camp with a suspected hip injury and frequent comments to the media. It remains to be seen whether he will start the match as captain, but as a player who enjoys wearing 17 I would be pleased to see him put in a performance in this match.
Torres is a certain starter for Paraguay; the Italians have a more interesting dilemma. It has been rumoured that Angelo Palombo will drop from his usual holding midfield role into a central defending position - extraordinary considering the history of Italian tactics. Gattuso's admission that he is unlikely to be involved in this tournament may well open the door to Palombo, who is certain to make an impression if he does get on.



No comments:
Post a Comment